TI12's regionals are kicking off in just a few hours with China's Qualifier. One team will be joining PSG.LGD to complete the Chinese representation at Dota's biggest tournament of the year.
China Qualifier Teams
TI12's China Qualifier has 13 teams competing for a single qualification slot. Those are:
- Team Aster- Highest ranked Chinese team at the DPC behind PSG.LGD (486 Points)
- Azure Ray- The second seed from DPC points with some decent showings recently. (400 Points)
- Invictus Gaming- The third DPC seed at 368 Points
- Xtreme Gaming- Followed closely behind IG at 303 DPC Points.
- Aster.Aries- Aster's second Dota team and the last squad at this qualifier to get their seeding through DPC ranking (25 Points)
- Holy Grail- 1st Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
- Team Zero- 2nd Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
- Team Bright- 8th Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division I.
- Big Brain- 4th Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
- Supernova- 5th Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
- Team Disillusion- 6th Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
- iG.Vitality- IG's second team. 7th Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
- Limit- 8th Place at the DPC CN 2023 Tour 3 Division II.
Team Aster and Azure Ray should be the favorites to take the last spot after their showings at Bali and Riyadh, but Invictus Gaming should not be counted out.
This regional qualifier will take place between the 17th and 21st of August. Matches begin at 10PM EDT/3AM BST and, since all series are BO3 (with the exception of a single match), it should take between 2 and 3 hours to complete.
The lower-bracket Final and Grand Final will be played on the 21st of August at 11PM EDT/4AM BST and 2AM EDT/ 7AM BST respectively.
China Qualifier Format
(Image via PGL)
TI12's China Qualifier is a double-elimination bracket. All matches are BO3 series with the exception of the Grand Finals (BO5) and the lower-bracket match between iG.Vitality and Limit (BO1).
Teams were seeded into their respective placements in the bracket through DPC rankings and best finishes at the final tour of the regional DPC.
Since China's qualifier only grants the region one slot, the Grand Final will decide who make it to Seattle for The International 2023.
Featured image courtesy of Team Aster.
If you enjoyed this article, take a look at our Dota 2 directory